KIDS HOPE USA MENTOR
WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?
The KIDS HOPE USA mentor will provide one-to-one mentoring and affirmation for one elementary-aged child at our partnering school. The mentor will often use materials provided by the teacher to help the child achieve a specific objective. Training will also be provided to help mentors develop a successful mentoring relationship with a child. After each mentoring session, the mentor is required to complete a Daily Progress Report summarizing the mentoring session. Each KIDS HOPE USA mentor will be under the supervision of and report to the KIDS HOPE USA director at the church, who will always be available to advise and assist all mentors.
HOW LONG WILL THIS POSITION LAST?
Your initial committment is one year. Our hope is that you would be willing to follow this child through elementary school.
A KIDS HOPE USA mentor must:
- Love children and be sensitive to their needs
- Be ready to listen to a child
- Have his/her own transportation
- Be able to read
- Maintain a confidential relationship
- Be a member/regular attendee of the church
- Know your child's name
- Be there only for your child
- Be faithful - one hour, one year
- Believe in your child
- Be at least 16 years of age
A minimum of one hour each week with one child at the school.
Fill out an application